The Certificate of an independent invasive cardiology operator:
- The title of an independent operator of invasive cardiology may be obtained by a doctor with a specialization in cardiology who is a member of the Association of Cardiovascular Interventions of the Polish Cardiac Society.
- Basic training should be carried out under the supervision of the head of the cath lab, which obtained at least grade B according to the ACVI PCS accreditation standards.
- In a given center, there should be at least two independent invasive cardiology operators per one trainee.
- The training time should last at least 12 months.
- It is required to collect a minimum of 50 points during the training for participation in PCS and ESC congresses of invasive cardiology and conferences recommended by the ACVI PCS1).
- Obligatory participation in trainings devoted to the use of invasive diagnostic techniques (IVUS, FFR), organized in reference centers (with class C accreditation) is required (a minimum of 7 business days, may be in different centers). The certificate of completing the training with the number of days is issued by the head of the training cath lab.
- During the training, the physician must perform in person (under the supervision) at least 200 coronary angioplasty – she/he is then awarded the title of an independent invasive cardiology operator for 3 years and receives an appropriate certificate.
- For the extension of the certificate for the next 5 years it is necessary to perform an average of at least 75 therapeutic procedures per year (375 therapeutic procedures over three years) and to obtain an average of 30 points per year for participation in PCS and ESC congresses of invasive cardiology and congresses recommended by ACVI1).
- If the operator performs alone over 500 coronary therapeutic procedures to extend the certificate for the next 5 years, it is required to obtain an average of 50 points per year for participation in PCS and ESC congresses of invasive cardiology and conferences recommended by the ACVI PCS 1).
- From January 1, 2013, the procedures must be confirmed in the treatment book and in the ACVI PCS database. If the physician performed in person (supervised) procedures in foreign centers, she/he should present a certificate signed by the head of the given center confirming the type and number of procedures performed.
- The application for granting the status of an independent operator is submitted by the head of the mother cath lab or two independent invasive cardiology operators holding the ACVI PCS Independent Operator Certificate, including one acting as the head of the cath lab accredited by PCS. The application must be accompanied by certificates confirming compliance with the relevant requirements (including: certificate of the number of performed procedures, copies of certificates of participation in PCS and ESC congresses of invasive cardiology and conferences recommended by ACVI and current certificates of membership in PCS and ACVI PCS. Applications should be delivered via PTK System.
- The independent operator’s certificate according to the new model is signed by the President of PCS and the Chairman of ACVI PCS.
- The fee for issuing the certificate is 500 PLN.
1)Scoring for participation in PCS and ESC congresses of invasive cardiology and congresses recommended by ACVI PCS:
Congress of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) – 20 points
International Congress of the Polish Cardiac Society – 20 points
Workshops of Invasive Cardiology in Warsaw (WCCI) – 30 points
Invasive Cardiology Workshops in Zabrze – 20 points
Invasive Cardiology Workshops in Krakow (NFIC) – 30 points
International Invasive Cardiology Workshop (EuroPCR, TCT) – 20 points
Interventional Cardiology News (Białowieża) – 10 points
Autumn Meeting of Cardiologists (Poznań) – 10 points
Transcatheter Heart Team Poland: THT Poland (Warsaw, Katowice) – 10 points
Peripheral Interventions in Krakow (PINC) (Krakow) – 10 points
Imaging and interventions in structural diseases of the heart and vessels (ISIIC) (Katowice) – 10 points
Other national trainings that will be accredited by ACVI PCS